giovedì 15 gennaio 2015

Why spicy?

Why spicy? Simply because a dull and tasteless food is boring. Why librarian? Because this is what I am. Maybe a young one but surely with a lot of ideas and passion for the librarianship field.

I think the first post should be something like a manifesto of genuine intentions. I am currently studying for a second MA in Library and Information science at University of Aberystwyth (Wales) while working as assistant librarian at the University for the Creative Arts.

I created the blog during a workshop held by my colleague Tony Reeves and to be honest I have been thinking about it since I wrote my last post under my old textile project 'Fedulab'. A lot of things have changed since then, a new full time job in the library field and less time to sew. Shame, but as I like to say 'people change'. I still have a lot of interests in the textile sector even though my job is leading me in a new exciting field that intrigues me.

I love working in the library because I have a direct contact with students and their problems which help me to refine my customer service skill while proactively solve their problems. At the same time I work with a lot of books, artists' books and I have the privilege to catalogue them using specific knowledge about AACR2 rules and MARC21 formats. It is like being a real nerd and I like it.

Hope to have time to upload constantly and gain people in topics.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento